Recent content by jimc

  1. J

    Flock cameras, you are being spied upon ( Major privacy concerns)

    What's the problem with being arrested at gunpoint and spending 6 months in jail when you've never even been in the state where the crime took place? https://www.valleynewslive.com/2026/09/15/tennessee-woman-sues-fargo-ex-detective-over-wrongful-arrest-tied-facial-recognition-error/
  2. J

    Michigan Drivers Could Pay by the Mile Under New Road Tax Pilot

    I already pay a mileage tax. The more miles I drive, the more fuel I purchase, the more taxes I pay...
  3. J

    Flock cameras, you are being spied upon ( Major privacy concerns)

    They're rolling out functionality to cameras that supposedly didn't do anything before the update? They've been rolling out the software since late 2025. What was the point of installing interior cameras if they didn't do anything, and how long have they been there, possibly obscured from...
  4. J

    Woman fights off alleged carjackers at Columbus gas station

    This world has become too PC. 'Alleged' car jackers? They took her car. It's on video. They are 'Actual' car jackers. Good for her for fighting back. I'm glad she wasn't injured worse or killed. She was clearly outnumbered.
  5. J

    Largest ADK ORES Solar Farm on Hold

    That's pretty interesting. What I find even more interesting is that if you hit 'Renewables' they combine solar with wood, stored energy, etc. You can't see what all those solar farms are producing on their own.
  6. J

    Federal judge strikes down ATF 'ghost gun' rule for 3D printed parts — says restrictions violate Fifth Amendment and historical tradition of DIY...

    https://www.tomshardware.com/3d-printing/federal-judge-strikes-down-atf-ghost-gun-rule-for-3d-printed-parts-says-restrictions-violate-fifth-amendment-and-historical-tradition-of-diy-gunsmithing
  7. J

    Federal judge says NFA is unconstitutional, suppressor transferred without NFA approval documents. Let Freedom shhhhhh

    Around 2008 I visited Florida and I stopped into a gun shop to see what it was like. When asked if I needed help, I said, 'Sorry, I'm from NY, I can't buy anything.' The guy behind the counter responded with, 'Welcome to America! I hope you enjoy it while you're here!'
  8. J

    Charlie Kirk shot (merged threads)

    Interesting take... "Lawyers for the man charged with killing conservative activist Charlie Kirk say he shouldn’t be eligible for the death penalty because the shooter “hit the intended target” during the assassination last year at a Utah event attended by thousands of people. Defendant Tyler...
  9. J

    Now California will regulate what tires you can buy for your vehicles. 70% of them sold today will be banned by 2033

    "Officials say the rules will make replacement tires at least as energy-efficient, on average, as the tires originally installed on new cars and trucks." The tires we've had on new cars are generally garbage and last 20-25K miles. When the tires need replacement, the new tires (that I chose...
  10. J

    Australia gun buyback to start in November in clampdown after Bondi Beach shooting

    They just don't stop. https://www.nbcnews.com/world/australia/australia-gun-buyback-start-november-clampdown-bondi-beach-shooting-rcna592758
  11. J

    Federal judge says NFA is unconstitutional, suppressor transferred without NFA approval documents. Let Freedom shhhhhh

    I'm sure the NY gov is working on a new law to make suppressors even more illegal in NY. It's sad that we're 1 of 9 states that doesn't allow them.
  12. J

    Buffalo man shoots himself in the leg and then gets arrest for illegal guns and over capacity magazines

    Cuomo was right. That would have never happened if he only had 7 rounds in a 10 round magazine.
  13. J

    The Adventures of NYC mayor Zohran Mamdani

    I still don't understand the mayor's justification for this increased tax. Aren't these home owners paying property taxes for services they AREN'T using, because they aren't there? In my math, They're just donating tax money to the city for these properties.
  14. J

    NYS just approved carbon tax scheme for electric rates. They mandate an 89% carbon emissions drop by 2037

    He made a bold statement. If he wins, I think it's a promise that he won't be able to deliver on, and people will hate him for it. Don't get me wrong, I want him to win, I just think cutting utility bills in half won't happen no matter who the governor is.
  15. J

    Supreme court to take up ar-15 and semi auto bans.

    Maybe they should look at that whole 'in common use' thing.
Top