Most people here are just talking. They'll fill out the paper after they receive a final notice. Whether it's when they first get it or after a threat that their licence will be revoked. But let's play the game of a worst case scenario for a tough guy.
So you get the letter and you throw it out. Cool. You showed them! You may get another one signature requested or you may not. Failure to take action and the NYSP informs your country to suspend or revoke your license.
Now you play the same game with your county who you had no issue with in the past regarding registration that they themselves forwarded to the state. After repeated ignorations, eventually a uniformed officer knocks on your door. You decide not to comply with him as well and tell him that you don't have anything in the state anymore. At this point in moment, you just made yourself ineligible to own firearms in this state.
All this because you don't want to register something that already is registered.
It makes no sense whatsoever.
Who's saying to register now? I haven't nor have I ever said such a thing.yep, I got the letter and YES, I THREW IT AWAY, not because i'm not going to recertify, but because I have 362 days before I HAVE TO RECERTIFY. Why would anyone recertify ONE WHOLE YEAR before they had to? On January 15th, 2018 I'll download the recert letter off the NYSP website, dutifully fill it out and SNAIL MAIL IT IN, registered mail.
seriously, do you register your vehicles 6 months before you have to, i think not. So I WILL FOLLOW the law (as usual) but I have no duty to kiss anyones ass in the meantime. so old King Cuomo can wait
Who's saying to register now? I haven't nor have I ever said such a thing.
Well for the record in case anyone misinterpreteted what I said or mean, the smart thing to do is to wait until the last week and send it in certified, return receipt. Overload them at once. That's what I plan on doing.well thats the way it comes across, I don't see any big hurry here. My bet is, whoever decides to recert now, is just the BETA testers for the data base. I can see some poor clerk trying to upload a recert letter and saying "call the IT guy, it's broke again"![]()
I am reading and reading and the more I read this thread, the funnier it gets.
There are some really stupid posts here. The stupid is very strong here.
I wanted to like it but he could be talking about me so I refrained from doing so.Wish I could have liked this more then once!!!!

I wanted to like it but he could be talking about me so I refrained from doing so.![]()
I wanted to like it but he could be talking about me so I refrained from doing so.![]()
I am referring to many here. So many incorrect statements, arguments over nothing, name calling and so on. I love the idea of waiting till the very last moment to send in the paperwork, yep, that'll show them all.
I really love hearing about all those who claim they will not comply. I was in Gander the other day and I heard that one there as well. Yep, that will really show NY state. Don't renew and lose the little bit here in NY that you have.
Yep. 14 years to pension eligibility.Only stuck here 14 more years eh will? Who's counting though ..
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything you said is correct. But to beat a dead horse again and repeat what has been said in previous posts, only with majority cooperation.I do agree that if you are planning to voluntarily submit, errrrr, comply with the State demand through the Unsafe Act that you re-certify... That as @Willjr75 Mentioned, and the Letter States, that your form must be submitted by the last day of January 2018... That you do just that.
That's all it says, that's all it requires, the rest is up to them.
I like my plan better, and it's not symbolic, it's simple! If NOBODY does it, then the law is effectively nullified, done, finished! Sure, yeah, they can come, they might come, but I tell you what, it won't be the NYSP, I'd bet my house, they would do as the law says and notify the local jurisdiction of your non-recertification... Then it'll be up to the counties. Do you honestly think the counties could or would undertake such a daunting task? And as I had posted earlier, so they come, they ask, you refuse to cooperate, they find nothing, then what? What law are you breaking if you no longer have your firearms, but refuse to participate in incriminating yourself by saying, or participating in the States mass data collection on lawful firearm owners!
Do they require voters to re-register? Certify that they intend to vote again? Ridiculous...
Like I said earlier as well... It'll probably be that last day until I decide whether to do it or not...
![]()
I can't help it! But okay.Point is in reality it won't happen.
Point is that people understand little of what our Gov't actually is, who we are (the "People"), and how it all works.
Point is this is all voluntary. Has nothing to do with a forum. Voluntary compliance with law allows our society to exist as it does. It also empowers the Gov't., what does it do for us?
Point is that if everyone, and yeah, I got it, it won't be 100% participation. But if everyone chose to NOT participate, the Govt couldn't do jack shit about it. ; )
Stop busting my bubble OK, I still got a like -340 days to make a decision!
![]()
![]()
lol...
![]()
I do agree that if you are planning to voluntarily submit, errrrr, comply with the State demand through the Unsafe Act that you re-certify... That as @Willjr75 Mentioned, and the Letter States, that your form must be submitted by the last day of January 2018... That you do just that.
That's all it says, that's all it requires, the rest is up to them.
I like my plan better, and it's not symbolic, it's simple! If NOBODY does it, then the law is effectively nullified, done, finished! Sure, yeah, they can come, they might come, but I tell you what, it won't be the NYSP, I'd bet my house, they would do as the law says and notify the local jurisdiction of your non-recertification... Then it'll be up to the counties. Do you honestly think the counties could or would undertake such a daunting task? And as I had posted earlier, so they come, they ask, you refuse to cooperate, they find nothing, then what? What law are you breaking if you no longer have your firearms, but refuse to participate in incriminating yourself by saying, or participating in the States mass data collection on lawful firearm owners!
Do they require voters to re-register? Certify that they intend to vote again? Ridiculous...
Like I said earlier as well... It'll probably be that last day until I decide whether to do it or not...
![]()
You don't actually think that all NY gun owners are on this forum do you?"Your idea" would be great, being that it's a couple of us others ideas as pages back explain, but this idea is a wasted idea as you read through the majority of the others posts..people are going to do it and already have...no matter what they type as of this hour. This, as anything in life will have guniea pigs and then smarter guniea pigs and then the stupid and the stubborn and then the ballsy and only time will tell...
I know I don't, but I was kind of hoping. Not from a numbers stand point but from a community one, if you know what I mean.You don't actually think that all NY gun owners on this forum do you?
Yup. Alllll 560 of emYou don't actually think that all NY gun owners on this forum do you?
the best way to avoid recertifying is to move to state that doesn't have recertification, so Pennsylvania is out, as is Utah, Florida and most of the Northeast, except for NH or Vermont. what other states have a recertification???
I think I'll just move to an island in the Caribbean and make my own laws
False story.I am referring to many here. So many incorrect statements, arguments over nothing, name calling and so on. I love the idea of waiting till the very last moment to send in the paperwork, yep, that'll show them all.
I really love hearing about all those who claim they will not comply. I was in Gander the other day and I heard that one there as well. Yep, that will really show NY state. Don't renew and lose the little bit here in NY that you have.


I was waiting for your pointless drivel. Don't keep me waiting again!False story.
Only one or 2 "lone wolves" won't comply.
![]()
I hear if you carry outside of restrictions, your permit will get revoked too.I was waiting for your pointless drivel. Don't keep me waiting again!
buuuurrrrrrp!